Senior Waterproofing/Roofing Consultant – Project Manager
Provide review of design and construction documents, implementation of QA/QC during construction through review of submittals, RFIs, and review/inspection/testing of ongoing work in the field. Provide investigation and analysis of existing buildings and site testing. The Project Manager is responsible for coordination/collaboration with both internal and external team members including Consultants, A/E professionals, Owners, and Contractors for successful completion of all services pertaining to the project(s) assigned.
- Manage projects and teams, from inception to completion, in a variety of waterproofing/roofing-related projects in both new and existing construction.
- Provide critical evaluation of building envelope performance.
- Provide expert input as to design and construction of building envelopes (with strong emphasis on waterproofing and roofing systems).
- Provide design assistance services related to waterproofing and roofing systems including input as to the appropriate use and selection of materials and details.
- Conduct investigations and repair of existing failing waterproofing and roofing
- Provide reviews and input as to development of waterproofing and roofing details and specifications.
- Provide expert review of waterproofing and roofing project submittal and RFI documents
- Inspect and supervise inspection of work in progress related to the waterproofing and roofing systems.
- Organize field data to facilitate analysis and problem solving.
- Prepare professional review and inspection reports in GCI’s format.
- Provide and manage client services, communicating progress, reporting, technical discussion of findings, recommendations, and project close-out.
- Provide and coordinate scheduling and implementation of project needs.
- Attend project meetings, including leading meetings or portions of meetings related to waterproofing and roofing.
- Provide business development services by providing exceptional service and garnering repeat and referral clients.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in building enclosure consulting with sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to performance of waterproofing and roofing systems.
- BS in Architecture/Engineering or Construction-related field from an ABET-accredited university (Professional License in Engineering/Architecture or recognized industry credentials such as RRO, RRC, RWC, REWC, etc., are a plus).
- Located in or willing to relocate to South Florida.
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
- Proficient in writing and editing of project specifications and technical reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside local area as workload and projects require.
- Work collaboratively on multiple solutions for clients and objectively summarize the benefits and shortfalls of each.
- Must be proficient in technology, including the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office suite software. Proficiency in CAD is a plus.