GCI CONSULTANTS – NOW HIRING SOUTH FLORIDA
Job Title: Senior Structural Engineer:
Provide structural engineering services with emphasis on repair and rehabilitation of constructed works, investigation and performance evaluation, and new design. The Sr. Structural Engineer will be expected to conduct structural design, investigation, and repair and rehabilitation projects; complete and review analysis and design calculations; execute and manage the preparation of drawings and specifications; assist with mentoring of junior staff; manage project budgets and schedules; interact with clients; and prepare technical reports of GCI work.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Focus on structural investigation and structural renovation of all types of buildings and/or special purpose structures.
- Implement design or analysis tasks in accordance with building code requirements.
- Conduct/assist with condition assessments and development of remedial work options and costs.
- Manage major and minor design work from beginning to end.
- Direct the preparation of calculations, design drawings and specifications, and perform construction administration tasks.
- Supervise work of other engineers and CAD technicians. Support work tasks in a team environment and help mentor and develop less experienced engineers.
- Assist with proposal preparation and contract reviews under the supervision of Principals. Prepare project work plans including tasks, staff time, and fee budgets. Control project fee budgets.
- Minimum of 6-7 years’ experience in structural engineering, including structural design, and condition assessment and remedial work design. Proficiency with behavior and performance of materials, especially concrete.
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Professional Engineering License in FL, required (Special Inspector license is a plus).
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
- Proficient in writing and editing of project specifications and technical reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Work collaboratively on multiple solutions for clients and objectively summarize the benefits and shortfalls of each.
- Proficient in the use of computer analysis software (e.g., ETABS, SAP, RISA, RAM, SAFE, or similar program).
- Ability to work in and review work in AutoCAD (experience with Revit and/or Sketchup is a plus).
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office suite software