Senior Sales ConsultantFlorida, United States (Remote)
About the job
The Senior Sales Consultant will sell company services to current and new clients in a remote work-from-home role. The successful candidate will drive sales initiatives including lead generation, inside sales, client relationships, pursuit of new projects, data entry management, event coordination, and proposal submissions. They will be responsible for generating new business opportunities, closing sales deals, and maintaining relationships with clients. This role is part of the business development team and reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Accept payments and prepare agreements, forms, or paperwork.
- Attend industry events, conferences, and trade shows.
- Build and maintain a source network to identify new sales leads.
- Coordinate RFP packages and bid submissions.
- Communicate with customers to understand their needs and suggest relevant services.
- Conduct presentations and educational outreach efforts to attract new clients and partnerships.
- Demonstrate the functions and utility of services to customers based on their needs.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; Resolve issues that may arise.
- Generate and close new sales opportunities, track proposals, and execute contracts.
- Identify new sales opportunities aligned with business development goals.
- Maintain communication with existing and previous customers, informing them of new products and services.
- Maintain detailed reports of sales activities including calls, project requests, sales, and lost business.
- Manage the inbound sales and outbound sales process.
- Prepare proposals and fee estimates.
- Provide periodic sales forecasts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Ability to function well in a remote role, working both independently and in a team.
- Adherence to the company core values.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in English, bi-lingual (Spanish) is desired.
- Proficient with HubSpot or similar CRM software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proven sales experience with demonstrated ability to meet quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, or an industry-related field - OR -
- At least five years of related experience.
- Basic technical knowledge of the AEC industry is desired.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel.
- Remote work-from-home.
- 401k retirement savings with Company matching.
- Annual profit-based sharing at the Company’s discretion.
- Quarterly profit-based incentives / bonuses.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and other voluntary benefits.
- Lunch & Learn programs to promote continued education.
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays.
- Continuing education, professional development, and license maintenance reimbursement.
About GCI Consultants
GCI Consultants is a leading engineering consulting firm specializing in every aspect of the building envelope. GCI offers expertise in building envelope engineering and consulting; construction defect litigation; first party insurance claims; forensic investigations; and new construction quality assurance (QA) consultation and quality control (QC) testing. The team has spent more than 35 years identifying and helping solve complex building envelope problems for commercial, institutional, and residential clients throughout the United States, South America, Canada, and the Caribbean.
Our Core Values
- We have a can-do attitude and strive to exceed expectations.
- We collaborate with and provide leadership to our clients.
- We are resourceful problem solvers.
- We hold ourselves to the highest professional standards.
- We embrace challenges.
- We strive to grow personally, professionally, and together as a team.