Senior Consultant & Expert WitnessFlorida
Consult with clients in the analysis of claims related to GCI’s expertise in building envelope & fenestration systems including identification and assessment of storm damage claims or construction defects claims. The Senior Consultant will assist the client with developing litigation strategies for damage or defect claims, including reviewing project documents and opposing expert reports, conduct site inspections and testing, and preparing expert reports. As necessary, the consultant will also provide persuasive expert testimony at depositions and trial or arbitration/appraisal proceedings. Senior Consultant will also have responsibility for leadership and mentorship of other GCI consultants and staff, and for helping the company grow and develop.
- Provide consulting advice and strategies to client and their legal counsel.
- Perform site investigations and testing as necessary to develop a plan to support the client’s case.
- Analyze other expert reports and develop strategies to utilize or refute content.
- Prepare expert reports as required.
- Assist client with preparing for trial.
- Provide persuasive expert testimony at depositions and trial or arbitration/appraisal proceedings.
- Committed to exploring and analyzing all possible impacts of storm damage or construction defects to building envelopes, to help GCI clients maximize and support their claim strategy.
- Understands and can support and defend allegations related to construction defects potential damage in support of a client’s defense strategy.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for other GCI consultants and staff.
- Support GCI business development strategy as needed with support from GCI Sales Coordinator Representative.
- Use HubSpot CRM to maximize efficiency and coordination of internal and external communications, establish regular contact with existing clients, follow-up and closing of outstanding proposals, etc.
- Coordinate with Management for any other business development activities as needed.
- Other responsibilities and projects that may be assigned by Leadership.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
Experience & Skills Requirements:
- 10-15+ years of extensive practical experience with building envelope & fenestration systems including identification and assessment of damages and defects.
- Specific experience with building envelope windstorm related damage and insurance claims required.
- Specific experience serving as an expert as to exterior building envelope components, systems, and installation. Must provide testimony experience list.
- Experience providing expert witness services for construction defect and hurricane insurance claims, including depositions, arbitration, trial and insurance appraisal hearings.
- Experience identifying and assessing storm damage to windows and doors.
- Confidence and experience defending positions, findings and opinions including under cross examination.
- Good computer skills and open to using GCl's technology-driven support platform.
- Superior communication skills (written and oral) and the instinct to know how to communicate on the client’s level, to know when to speak and when not to, and to be an active listener.
- Tactfulness when dealing with difficult situations.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write and produce professional and persuasive expert reports.
- Must be proficient with technology. Experience with HubSpot or similar CRM software is a plus.
- Ability to communicate benefits and strategizing alternatives.
Personal Traits Requirements:
- Integrity – a personal commitment to truth and honesty.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Quality driven.
- Aptitude for learning technical and mechanical concepts.
- Self-directed, resourceful, and self-motivated.
- Self-discipline to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Flexibility and ability to deal with uncertainty.
- Focused on bottom-line results.
- Strong “people” skills.
- Creativity in problem solving and dealing with adversity.
- Work Attire: Professional demeanor and appearance (appropriate professional grooming, hygiene, and business casual attire).
- Ability to work a full-time schedule including occasional weekends as may be necessary.
- Must be willing and able to travel (including over-night travel).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable individual transportation.
- Must be willing to complete Kolbe and Clifton Strengths assessments.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background, credit check, and drug test.
Education & Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Engineering, Architecture or Construction), or experience equivalency.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation: Base Salary, commensurate with experience.
- Work from home
- 401K with Safe Harbor match up to 6%
- 401K Profit based sharing annually at discretion of company
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Paid Vacation
- Mileage Reimbursement for Business Travel
- Continuing Education, Professional Development Opportunities, and Professional License Maintenance