Project Engineer AssistantSouth Florida
Summary Description: Provide assistance and administrative support for GCI Professional Engineer to deliver forensic engineering services for GCI clients.
Position Type: Full-Time Weekly Hours: 40+
Total Compensation: Salary & Profit Sharing Position
Location: South Florida
Reports Directly To: Senior Professional Engineer
Experience/Certification Required: Previous experience with administrative and project management support in the engineering or construction management industries.
Education Required: BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related fields from an accredited university.
Travel Required: Yes
Provide assistance and administrative support for a GCI Professional Engineer to deliver forensic engineering services for GCI clients. This position offers an opportunity to work directly with, in a support capacity, one of the senior consultants and Professional Engineers at GCI.
- Provide assistance and administrative support for GCI Professional Engineer to deliver forensic engineering services for GCI clients.
- Assist with site investigations and testing as assigned to support the investigations led by the GCI Senior Professional Engineer.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of expert reports as required.
- Provide administrative support, including managing scheduling, internal and external communications, organizing field notes, and other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Other responsibilities and projects that may be assigned by Leadership.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Previous experience with administrative and project management support in the engineering or construction management industries.
- Previous engineering or construction experience a plus.
- Previous experience in an assistant or administrative support capacity.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including written and spoken English proficiency.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in and review work in AutoCAD is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office suite software.
- Proficient with technology.
Personal Traits Requirements:
- Integrity – a personal commitment to truth and honesty.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Quality driven.
- Aptitude for learning technical and mechanical concepts.
- Self-directed, resourceful, and self-motivated.
- Self-discipline to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Flexibility and ability to deal with uncertainty.
- Strong “people” skills.
- Creativity in problem solving and dealing with adversity.
- Work Attire: Professional demeanor and appearance (appropriate professional grooming, hygiene, and business casual attire).
- Ability to work a full-time schedule including occasional weekends as may be necessary.
- Must be willing and able to travel (including over-night travel).
- Willing and able to work outdoors and on buildings.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable individual transportation.
- Must be willing to complete Kolbe and Clifton Strengths assessments.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background, credit check, and drug test.
Education & Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related fields from an accredited university.
- US work authorization
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation: Base Salary, commensurate with experience.
- Work from home
- 401K with Safe Harbor match up to 6%
- 401K Profit based sharing annually at discretion of company
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Paid Vacation
- Mileage Reimbursement for Business Travel
- Continuing Education, Professional Development Opportunities, and Professional License Maintenance