Senior Consultant - Principal
Shauna Serafini is a Senior Consultant and Project Manager for GCI Consultants and has been a member of the GCI team since 2009. In addition, she manages our forensic and technical team and also provides expert testimony services. She has years of experience working with exterior glazing, walls and waterproofing systems specializing in the design, installation, water infiltration resistance and performance assessment of these systems.
Mrs. Serafini holds a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and is accredited by the Fenestration & Glazing Industry Alliance (FGIA) as a Fenestration Master. She is also accredited by the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC) as a Registered Waterproofing Consultant. In addition, she holds a Certified Building Commissioning Professional title from the Association of Energy Engineers and a LEED GA credential by GBCI.
As a Senior Consultant at GCI, she has consulted with owners, architects, engineers, insurers and builders on hundreds of projects throughout Florida. Mrs. Serafini provides leadership to junior staff and oversees and leads forensic evaluations of the building envelope and analysis results. This may also include providing expert testimony and strategies to clients and legal counsel. To obtain a full copy of her curriculum vitae or to find out more about GCI consultants, please visit our website at www.gciconsultants.com
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Building Enclosures
- Glazing Systems
- Waterproofing Systems
- Water Leak Investigations
- Wind Damage Investigations
CERTIFICATIONS & REGISTRATIONS
- Registered Waterproofing Consultant International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC)
- Fenestration Master Fenestration & Glazing Industry Alliance (FGIA)
- Thermal/Infrared Thermography, Building Specific, level 1 The Snell Group
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional Association of Energy Engineers
- LEED Green Associate United States Green Building Council