Job Title: Structural Engineer/Project Manager:
Provide structural engineering services with emphasis on repair and rehabilitation of constructed works, investigation and performance evaluation, and new design. The Structural Engineer will be expected to conduct structural design, investigation, and repair and rehabilitation projects; complete and review analysis and design calculations; execute and manage the preparation of drawings and specifications; and prepare technical reports of GCI work. As Project Manager is also responsible for coordination/collaboration with both internal and external team members including Consultants, A/E professionals, Owners, and Contractors for successful completion of all services pertaining to the project(s) assigned.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Focus on structural investigation and structural renovation of all types of buildings and/or special purpose structures.
- Implement design or analysis tasks in accordance with building code requirements.
- Conduct/assist with condition assessments and development of remedial work options and costs.
- Manage major and minor design work from beginning to end.
- Direct the preparation of calculations, design drawings and specifications, and perform construction administration tasks.
- Inspect work in progress related to structural and exterior building envelope components. Inspections will require climbing and operation of access equipment (i.e. swing stages) on high rise structures.
- Organizing field data to facilitate analysis and problem solving.
- Management of client services, communicating progress, reporting, technical discussion of findings, recommendations, and project close-out.
- Scheduling and implementation of project needs.
- Attending project meetings, including leading meetings.
- Business development
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in structural engineering, including structural design, and condition assessment and remedial work design. Proficiency with behavior and performance of materials, especially concrete and non-structural building envelope components.
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Professional Engineering License in FL, required (Special Inspector license is a plus).
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
- Proficient in writing and editing of project specifications and technical reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Work collaboratively on multiple solutions for clients and objectively summarize the benefits and shortfalls of each.
- Proficient in the use of computer analysis software.
- Ability to work in and review work in AutoCAD.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office suite software