Job Title: Building Envelope Consultant – Project Manager
Mission/Role: The Building Envelope Project Manager role includes review/production of design and construction documents, implementation of QA/QC during construction through review of submittals, RFIs, and review/inspection/testing of ongoing work in the field. It may also include assisting with investigation and analysis of existing buildings and site testing. The Project Manager is responsible for coordination/collaboration with both internal and external team members including Consultants, A/E professionals, Owners, and Contractors for successful completion of all services pertaining to the project(s) assigned.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Managing projects and teams, from inception to completion, in a variety of enclosure-related projects – in both new and existing construction
- Critical evaluation of building envelope performance.
- Design and construction of building enclosures (especially glazing systems; cladding assemblies; roofing; and waterproofing systems)
- Providing design-assist services related to enclosure systems including comment on the appropriate use and selection of materials and details
- Conduct investigations and repair of existing failing building enclosure systems
- Developing building enclosure details and specifications
- Completing pre-construction submittal reviews or RFI responses
- Inspect work in progress related to the exterior building envelope. Inspections will require climbing and operation of access equipment (i.e. swing stages) on high rise structures.
- Organizing field data to facilitate analysis and problem solving.
- Management of client services, communicating progress, reporting, technical discussion of findings, recommendations, and project close-out.
- Scheduling and implementation of project needs.
- Attending project meetings, including leading meetings.
- Business development
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in building enclosure consulting with sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to building enclosure performance
- BS in Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university (Professional License in Engineering/Architecture or recognized industry credentials such as RRO, RRC, RWC, etc., are a plus).
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
- Proficient in writing and editing of project specifications and technical reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside local area as workload and projects require
- Work collaboratively on multiple solutions for clients and objectively summarize the benefits and shortfalls of each.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office suite software